Mother and Son

Mother and Son
A Mother's Love

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Dear Fat,


Dear Fat,

        I have allowed you to control me my whole life. You have contributed to my low self-esteem as a child and even an adult.  I need you to know that your time is up. It’s time to pack your bags and go. You’re being evicted and no longer welcome here.  At one time we were so much in love. I thought I needed you, I thought you loved me. I used to be proud of you.  I thought you would protect me but all you have done is hurt and abuse me.  I was unable to be the best me because of you.  For years I was unable to walk up a flight of stairs without wanting to die because of you. I was teased and made of as a child because of you. I have been considered obese because of what you have done to me.  I hated to look at my body because of you.

I thought I got rid of you for good a few years ago but you crept right back into my life. Today I’m letting you know it’s over for good. There will be no more coming back. You no longer have control over me. If you haven’t noticed you’re disappearing more and more every day.  The power you once had over me is no longer. I have used the hurt and pain you caused me to change my life and to help others change their lives. Even though it’s over I wanted to thank you because it gave me the strength to overcome.

With Gratitude,

Kalyea Moss

No comments:

Post a Comment